Thursday, March 14, 2013

Meet Kristyn!


Meet Kristyn
Head of the Rolled Chocolate Department

Name:  Kristyn Powell

Hometown:  Walpole, Ma

Education:  I have my Bachelors Degree in Fashion Design and my Associates in Baking and Pastry

What does your job consist of?  I am the head of the rolled chocolate department.  I create 3-D sculptures of out chocolate (i.e. Mario, Flintstones, Vince Wilfork, shoes etc.)  I also make the rolled chocolate appliques (flat) designs.  Most of my work is extremely custom.

How did you end up at Dessert Works?  I started working here about 2 years ago for my internship.  I was offered a full time position upon completion of my internship.

What is your favorite item we have at Dessert Works?  I have a few favorites.  I love the pear and cranberry gallette, and the flourless chocolate cake.

What is your favorite part of your job?  My favorite part of working at Dessert Works is that my job is always evolving.  Every week there are new appliques and 3-D sculptures to conquer.  I am constantly being challenged and pushed to new levels.  There is always something new to learn!

Check out some of Kristyn's beautiful work!








1 comment: